LIVE STEAM RELATED ITEMS FOR
All Model Engines Wanted.
Any Model Live Steam Engines Wanted, Triple Expansion, Locomotives, Traction Engines, Stationary, Stuart or others.
IC, Gas, Petrol Model Engines Wanted, e.g by Edgar Westbury, L C Mason, Eric Whittle, etc.
WANTED, any model engines. Live steam stationary, locomotives or traction engines, etc. Also Internal Combustion (IC) engines including those designed by Edgar Westbury, Mason Eric Whittle. Radial aero, marine or car engines wanted.
Steam Engines, Locomotives (large or small, complete, part built or kits) wanted. Will be happy to consider purchasing complete live steam engine collections. Any gauge considered. Please call Howard on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420.
In addition to the items photographed below we also
have the following items.
- 7.25" gauge long bogie passenger wagons x 2. Will seat 4. Beautilfully made. Photos just added below.
- 7.25" Drivers Truck/Wagon chassis for a live steam loco. Strong steel chassis and top plate 0-6-0 for wagon or even electric shunter. Photos available, please call. For sale at £315.
- 5" Maid Of Kent professionally made Copper, silver soldered Belpair boiler for sale. Newly built by Devon Boilers with certification and all docs. Stamped and with CE mark. LBSC designed Southern Railway L1 class 4-4-0 locomotive. SOLD.
- Roundhouse G gauge 32mm Millie garden railway 0-4-0 locomotive. Boiler pressure tested in Aril 2018. Comes with some nice extras, pressure gauge, gas filler, water gauge & RC connection. £565. Photos just added below.
- Professional 5" Live steam Vertical Test Boiler (Tubal Cain). De Winton type for 5" gauge loco. Built by Ian Stock of Dragon Boilers in 2012. Comes with lined up superheaters, grate, and original Boiler Certificate & CE stamp and documentation. A lovely item, new and unused
- TOP EXHIBITION STANDARD 3" Burrell Traction Engine. Stunning, top quality build. Never steamed, Hydraulic cert when built. Some photos of amazing build including fabulous looking boiler. Quality items like this really don't up for sale very often. I have not seen one better. Call for viewing. Photos just added below. I would like to keep her, but lack of space prevents! We also have the same builder's second project, a Fowler 2" showmans engine built to an even higher standard. Would nice to see them stay together.
- 1" Vintage Portable live steam engine. Like a traction engine, without the driven wheels. Lovely item with a beautiful patina. Originally built by modelmaker from Devizes. A family item that we have had for many years. Photos available upon request. A rare and desirable collectors item. Nice detail with an eccentric driven water pump.
- Anyone wanting to purchase a significant number of the castings groups below
- is more than welcome to call to chat about a reduced price.
- Stuart Real new set of castings. In original Box/Packaging
with drawings. Also know as the "upside down" vertical engine. 34-50-71397 £225 (RRP £318)
- Stuart James Coombes new set of castings. In original Box/Packaging
with drawings. Worked in Bristol colliery. 34-50-71407 £245 (RRP £347).
- Stuart Double 10 (D10) new set of castings. In original Box/Packaging
with drawings. 34-50-71204 £175 (RRP £215)
- Stuart Number 7 (7A) set of castings. Complete bar one small item (26 Valve rod head). Cylinder top & bottom machined, but that's it. 34-50-71170. Also with reversing gear set. £240 (RRP £386). Photos available, see below.
- Stuart S50 mill engine set of castings. In original box with drawings. Cylinder machined. Tiny bit of rust on base casting. 34-50-71315. £75 (RRP £107)
- Stuart boiler feed pump set of castings. In original Packaging
with drawings. 34-50-72475 £75 (RRP £109)
- Stuart 10V set of castings. Standard drilled for base, but that's it, i.e. not machined. With drawings. £70
- Stuart steam boiler feed pump set of castings. Not started. Without original box & drawings. £65
- Stuart Beam engine Cylinder and valve chest set. Castings are unmachined. £40, a saving of £20
- B Hick & Son, Crank overhead engine by Hemmingway (HE 5100), castings, material kit, no bevel gears for governor. Kit not started. Comes with drawings. £195 (RRP £273) Photos available
- Ransome & May mill engine by Hemmingway (HE 5305), castings, bevel gear pair, and drawings. £165 (RRP £217) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Warrior MK 2. Edgar Westbury design, drawings by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders and standard done and some other items. One piston ring is broken. £175 (RRP £231) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Part built, cylinders, standard, base and columns done and some other items. £125 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Marcher. Smaller version of the Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. All main castings, might be the odd small item missing.. £105 (RRP £165) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Borderer by J.P.Bertinat. Just castings. Cylinder machines & base & columns. All main castings, might be the odd item missing. No piston blanks, or reversing straps/eccentrics. £155 (RRP £225) Photos available, see below.
- AJ Reeves Lady Stephanie 6 Column beam engine by Tubal Cain. Castings & drawings. £135 (RRP £191) Photos available, see below.
- Sanderson Beam engine. Blackgates castings with drawings. Cylinder & valve chest started. RRP £359 but missing flywheel & spindle outriger support hence only £185. Photos available, see below.
- Brunell Side Rod horizontal table engine. Drawing by I.P.Forsyth. Casting set, cylinder machined and majority of base completed. £150 (RRP £220) Photos available, se below.
- Lincoln Duplex horizontal twin stationary steam engine castings by Peter Southworth. Comes with base & drawings. £260 (RRP £280 + 69 for base + 18 for drawings = £367) Photos available, see below. Now taken over by Blackgates so castings available if mistake made! In the style of Robey
- Some steam fittings
- Books on boiler making
- Books on model steam engine and loco making
- etc, etc..........
You are most welcome to call Howard
at any time on 01225 812155 or 07753 610420 to discuss or reserve
any item for sale here.
Part Exchange Welcome, what do you have ?
Click on image for
more detailed photos, information and sale price.
Beautiful 3.5" Princess Marina 2-6-0
live steam tender loco. LBSC designed
LMS Stanier locomotive.
Stunning 3.5" Betty The Mongoliper
2-6-2 live steam tender loco by LBSC.
New build, never steamed. Been displayed.
Excellent selection of
Live Steam model engineer books for
model maker, general intersest or collector.
Antique 1920's 3.5" gauge LNWR
Atlantic 4-4-2 live steam locomotive.
Possibly Bowen Cook, George Whale.
Super Vintage collectors item.
5" Butch 0-6-0 Live Steam Tank Loco.
STUNNING, never steamed.
Just a lovely item to enjoy.
Lovely Vintage 3.5" gauge 4-4-0
schools live steam locomotive. Possibly
LBSC's Roedean. Rare Spirit fired.
Roundhouse 'Millie' 32mm with gas
filler, water gauge, pressure gauge, RC
connection. Live steam 0-4-0 loco.
Boiler tested in April 2018. New in end 2015.
Caterpillar 4-12-2 LBSC Live Steam loco.
Based on the Union Pacific 9000 Class.
3 Cylinder Loco descibed in English Electrics.
Extremely Rare 2.5" collectors item.
2 x Beautiful 7.25"
GWR Passenger wagons.
Steel frames, ball race axel boxes, ply bodies,
spring hooks + relief, approx 7M radius.
Stunning bogie trucks.
Stunning Vintage Vertical marin live steam
engine. Shown here alongside a Stuart 5A.
Wonderful large single with reversing.
A classy large vintage steam engine.
22" tall, 3" stroke, 5" outside cylinder.
No. 4 John (Maxwell) Hemmens'Beverley'
live steam plant. A real collectors piece.
Displayed and never steamed.
Very mpressive vertical live steam engine.
Similar but more interesting & larger
to the Stuart James Coombes engine.
Lovely live steam plant
with Stuart Turner
S50 & award winning boiler from Royal Naval
Artificers School, HMS Raleigh, Plymouth 1934.
2" Clayton wagon. Well engineered, well
advanced. Professional Kingswood boiler.
SOLD, but another available, please call.
5" Gauge Dougal live steam loco.
Lovely 040 narrow gauge tank engine.
Lots done and very well too.
Runs very smoothly on air. Wonderful.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Chassis runs on air, forward & reverse.
5" Gauge Pansy
GWR 060 Live Steam
Pannier Tank Loco. LBSC design
Wheels, cylinder, frames, etc.
3.5" Hielan Lassie 4-6-2 live steam loco.
Quality build. LNER rebuilt A1 Pacific.
Popular loco by LBSC.
Lovely 3.5" gauge LMS Stanier 264
live steam loco. Professional RC boiler.
Martin Evans designed Jubilee.
3.5" Lickham Hall, GWR 460.
Live steam locomotive. Boiler almost done.
LBSC design. Great project.
3.5" Rob Roy Live Steam locomotive.
Popular 060 tank loco by Martin Evans.
3.5" BR Standard Class 4, 75000
460 designed by LBSC. Includes drawings.
3.5" Doris 4-6-0 Live Steam Loco castings.
Favoured LMS Black 5
LBSC design loco.
Rare Uranus 2.5" gauge live steam loco.
LBSC's 4-8-4 3 cylinder tender loco.
Wonderful item, some drawings too.
2.5" gauge live steam tender loco.
Probably LBSC's Olympiade LMS
Jubilee class. Nicely made so far.
Live Steam Engine Castings & Kits by:
Reeves, Stuart, Blackgates, Anthony Mount,
Hemmingway & Southworth. Excellent choice.
Many more than what's shown above.
Desirable Mastiff IC gas/petrol engine.
Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, 4 stroke,
Designed by L C Mason. Hemmingway.
Live Steam Boat/Launch Plant.
Twin Oscillating Modeeen engine by Ron
Needham. Possibly a Cheddar Puffin boiler.
Stevens Dockyard horizontal
side value live steam cylinders.
Shown in 1919 Stevens catalogue.
Spring copper pipe bending set.
Live Steam Engine/Marine/Launch Boiler.
Looks to be very well made. Nice small size.
3" diameter & approx 5.25" long. Internal flue.
Lovely Westbury Centaur Gas Engine.
Almost finished. Most engineering done.
A lovely item and well loved engine design.
New build 7.25" 1101 Class GWR Dock
tank loco. 0-4-0. Western Steam silver
soldered boiler with original cert.
Super Value 7 1/4" New Build
Super Rob Roy 3.5" live steam tank loco.
Caledonian 060 by Martin Evans.
Sievert Gas Torch, Regulator & Burners.
Bought and used a couple of times.
Many of the burners unused. Lovely set
STUNNING !!!!! Burrell Showmans,
with crane, traction engine. Never steamed.
Dragon. Poss 2" but seems larger to me.
7.25" GWR Live Steam locomotive lamps.
Stunning. LED bulb inserts.
STUNNING SET, RARE TO FIND.
5" LBSC's Maid Of Kent 4-4-0 Boiler.
Professionally made by Devon Boilers.
With original certificate. Stamped & CE.
Belpair, new in Oct 2018
Very nice Allchin 1 1/2" live steam
traction engine. Good detail.
Copper boiler with some boiler history.
2" Burrell Showmans, with crane / winch.
traction engine. Never steamed.
Just arrived. Compound engine.
Absolutely Stuuning 3" Burrell Live Steam
traction engine. One off opportunity to buy
the very best example I have ever seen.
Boiler Cert, never steamed. AMAZING
Be quick, top exhibition item.
1" Minnie traction engine, needing
a couple of very minor jobs to finish.
Nice item at a sensible price.
Excellent Taylor Hemmens Allchin 3/4"
live steam traction engine. Num 630.
Later became Maxwell, then John Hemmens.
Poss 1980 - 1981, but not sure!
Very collectable item.
Lovely Markie 1" live steam showmans
traction engine. Very nice item.
Prince Of Wales by Tony Pierce
Limited Edition Number 99.
Gas tank, Lit canopy, Approx 1981.
Gauge Minnie Live Steam
traction engine. Very good build quality
with boiler history. A nice size engine
Stunning 1" Minnie traction engine
Exhibited several times.
Stunning Live Steam traction engine.
Guessing at 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" scale.
25" long, 9.5" wide & 15.5" tall.
Think this is a Fowler ?
Wonderful Galloway 1/3 rd scale Hit &
miss petrol engine. Water cooled, fully
working. Stunning wooden base. Rare item.
10.2" Flywheel, 1.75" Bore, 3.37" Stroke
Wonderful Horse Drawn Gipsy Caravan
& Brewery Wagon Collection. Selling
for local model building friend. Approx 1".
Rare & large Horizontal Tandem Compound
live steam engine. Super engineering.
Very unusual, a must for the collector.
3 Beautiful half models yachts.
Independence of Boston 1904 by G Lawley.
Also 50 foot racer 1988.
Stunning Caravan & water wagon for
1" Minnie traction engine. Lovely item.
See photos as detail is superb.
Wonderful Fowler 2"
Gauge Live Steam
traction engine. Super quality of build.
Top detail, gears, crank, etc. all very nice.
Wonderful Vertical Live Steam Engine.
Lovely reversing gear. 10.5" tall.
Very smooth motion and quality build.
Can run very slowly, a joy to watch.
Lovely Large Live Steam Beam Engine.
17" beam & 11.75" flywheel.
An impressive engine, a real eye catcher.
Stunning Double Tangye live steam engine.
Impressive model, very nicely presented.
Very smooth running Reeves engine.
Stunning 1/9th scale De Havilland
CIRRUS built & described by Eric Whittle
in Engineering in Miniaturein 1993.
Lovely Stuart Twin Launch live steam
engine. Self starting and runs very nicely
on air.. Not a common Stuart engine.
Stuart Live Steam Beam Engine.
Runs on air. Desired vintage model.
Very nice hard wood base.
Super Beam Andy Live Steam Engine.
Runs nicely on air. Also know as
Grasshopper. Very well engineered.
Various Start live steam engines.
Including S50, 10V, 10H & Sirius
A good selection generally available.
Live steam drawing.
Selection of steam engine & loco
drawings. Click here for list available.
Pulley drive system for live steam engine.
Made by a top engineer. Super quality.
Ideal for Stuart engines like this No1.
Professionally made 5" Torquay Manor
GWR 4-6-0 boiler by John Ellis with
original certificate. Martin Evans.
Stunning 5" Sweet Pea 0-4-2 live steam
loco. Very impressive build. Copper boiler.
Like the Koppel above, pushed to find better.
Un-steamed 5" R1 Class 0-6-0 live steam
tank loco. New from Maxitrak with all
boiler certs. Just been displayed.
Beautiful 2" Clayton Live Steam Wagon.
Wonderful build. Best I've seen in a while.
Trailer + driver's seat.. Boiler history.
Beautiful live steam Launch. 55" x 11.5".
Vertical Twin + reversing engine.
Professional boiler. A wonderful model.
Seekadett 'Marten Howes & Baylis' boiler.
Wonderful Stuart 5A live steam engine.
Super item. Ideal for marine work.
13.5" tall with 2.25" bore & 2" stroke.
Monarch Marine Live Steam Plant.
E L Yallup described. Lots done.
Built to a very high standard.
Call Howard on 01225 812155 or
Alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page | About
Us | Contact us | Customer